Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Messing Around...

So, we're making t-shirts for the store. I was thinking about the design today when I sat in front of my computer and just started messing around with some other ideas. Basically, I was wondering what the shirts would look like if I based them on the band shirts I wore growing up (ok, who are we fooling - the band shirts I STILL wear) but with a gaming twist.

I like the way they came out so I figured I'd share them with you.  We're not going to make these, but I may make some of them into stickers or something. Who knows.

The actual shirt design we're looking to run with:
The lettering here was done by Kelvin Green; design idea was mine; it was drawn up and brought together by my friend Chris Conklin.


This is a design based on an IMMORTAL TECHNIQUE shirt and the whole DEFEND _______ that was popular in the early/mid 2000s:
I really like this one.


This is based on the shirts of the many and various youth crew/straight edge bands I grew up stage-diving and singing along to - Gorilla Biscuits, Youth of Today, Chain of Strength, Judge, Mouthpiece, Undertow, Indecision, Cornerstone, Unbroken, One King Down, In My Eyes, Fastbreak, etc. Most of their shirts and records looked something like this.:

I'm not sure what band this is.

I used to see this back-patch all the time when I was in 7th/8th grade. It was almost like every kid in my town had it sewn on the back of their denim jacket.  The slogan "death to false metal" was coined by MANOWAR, I believe.  In the mid-nineties, a hardcore band named DEADGUY had shirts with that slogan on it, but they added some Satanic imagery. I decided to nix Satan and just run with Metallica + that old slogan:

Hoping that Lars doesn't see this and sue me.


Finally - IRON MAIDEN. I think everyone likes them: 



Anyway. Thought some of you out there might get a kick out of some of these.


2 comments:

Anees ur Rehman said...

its a nice
purchase holy quran
Buy Online Holy Quran
quran pak 16 lines
hamail shareef
kanzul iman price in pakistan
purchase holy quran


buy fertilex capsules
Buy Herbo Natural Products
scanlon lip care
Sleeping Suits for Ladies in Pakistan
buy womens sleepwear in pakistan

sbobet
สโบเบ็ต
แทงบอลออนไลน์
แทงมวยออนไลนื
คาสิโนออนไลน์

zoom said...

In Atlanta, Real Estate Inspections are an important part to be included in your property maintenance routine because as much as getting your painted or getting apparent repairs done is important, a home inspection is important in order to know if your house is safe for you and your family to live or not. There are many factors that are hazardous for your family such as high levels of radon inside your home, mold problems, water leaks, termites, air pollution and other factors that pose a threat to your health. A known name for Home Inspection Atlanta has is Champia Real Estate Inspection which deals in home inspection as well as commercial inspections. They were founded in 1987 and have a record of over 50,000 completed inspections and a completion time of 24 hours which is pretty quick. Not to forget their multiple warranties on home inspection which makes it even more reliable.